Flood Warning issued April 12 at 10:40AM EDT expiring April 13 at 10:39AM EDT in effect for: Jackson, Lawrence, Washington
An unattended cigar may have caused a house fire that did an estimated $350,000 worth of damage to a Washington Boulevard home on Saturday, officials said.
Indianapolis firefighters were dispatched to a fire on the 4100 block of N. Washington Boulevard after smoke was spotted pouring from a detached garage.
The homeowner told firefighters he had been working in the garage when he set his cigar on his tool bench and "went into the house for a few minutes."
When he returned, he told firefighters, the garage was on fire.
The homeowner was transported in good condition to St. Vincent Hospital for observation.
Fire crews got flames under control within 30 minutes, but not before the fire did an estimated $350,000 worth of damage to the garage and two vehicles, a 2013 Lexus and a 2007 Mercedes, which were parked inside.