COLUMBUS, Ind. - Authorities say a central Indiana woman suffered flash burns when a candle ignited spray paint fumes inside a closet.
Columbus Fire Department Capt. Mike Wilson says Sabrina Frasier told firefighters she was painting the closet Monday when the odor intensified and she decided to light a candle.
Wilson tells The Republic that the paint vapors ignited when she re-entered the closet carrying the candle.
Frasier was taken to the burn unit at Eskenazi Health in Indianapolis, where she was listed in good condition.
Fire damage was limited to the closet.
Widow who lived with corpse charged with fraud
A Lafayette woman has been arrested in connection with the death of her husband, which went unreported for months.
Substance interrupts Ind. Honda plant production
Production has resumed at a southeastern Indiana Honda assembly plant after an unknown substance was found there.
Anderson buses repaired amid safety issues
Officials say some Anderson school buses have been repaired and re-inspected after the state police ordered them to be taken out of service.
Threatened hostage's mom sends Twitter message
Another message sent on the Twitter account of the mother of an American aid worker threatened with beheading in Syria again asks the Islamic…
GALLERY: Top 20 U.S. Cities for Job Growth
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released its preliminary job estimates for August 2014, and three Indiana cities are positioned to be…
No alt. theories allowed in trial on 4 deaths
A judge is blocking testimony about other possible suspects during the trial of a man charged with killing four people in a southern Indiana home.