Woman injured while trying to extinguish fire
IFD: Smoke inhalation complicated victim's asthma
Last Updated: 225 days ago
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis woman was injured when she went back into her house to put out a kitchen fire Sunday evening, officials said.
Crews with the Indianapolis Fire Department were called to a residence fire in the 3900 block of Marietta Court just before 8 p.m.
Bralyn Cain, 26, Danielle Campbell, 37, and Campbell's 13-year-old daughter were cooking with grease and left the grease unattended in the kitchen, officials said.
All three people evacuated the home when they realized the kitchen was on fire.
IFD said Cain took a garden hose and went back into the home to extinguish the fire.
Cain then had complications with her asthma from the smoke she inhaled and was transported to Community East Hospital in serious condition, authorities said.
Damage to the home is estimated at $3,000, officials said.
IFD said there were no working smoke detectors in the home.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.