Pennsylvania High School asks students to stop using Axe body spray

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - A Pennsylvania high school wants its students to stop using Axe body spray.

Freedom High School in Bethlehem says one of its students was recently hospitalized for exposure to Axe Body Spray. Now, officials are asking students to stop using it as a cologne or fragrance while attending the school.

In a statement posted on the school website Tuesday, officials say the affected student is severely allergic to the spray and recently had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance after being exposed to it.

"My request to all Freedom Family members is that we take into consideration this student’s allergy to Axe Body Spray and refrain from using it as your cologne or fragrance of choice while attending Freedom High School," the posting on the website said.

It wasn't immediately clear what type of reaction the student had, or what chemical in the spray may have caused the problem.

Print this article Back to Top