Lebanon High School students were sent home early Friday after a chemical leak forced an evacuation at the school.
Science students spilled cyclohexene, a volatile, highly flammable liquid, Lebanon police Lt. Brent Wheat said.
"While attempting to clean up the spill, some of the liquid was poured into the drain," Wheat said.
Earlier, officials said a chemical used by a construction company to clean up grease leaked inside the building.
Students and staff were evacuated to the football field just after 1 p.m.
The leak was contained a short time later, but school officials decided to send students home early. They were released about 2:30 p.m.
No one was injured.
Copyright Copyright 2012 by
All rights reserved.
This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.