A teen charged with murder in a fatal shooting has a lengthy criminal record, including a part in a bold break-in at a west-side gun store when he was only 13.A judge ruled Wednesday that Jamar Perkins, 16, will be tried as an adult in connection with the June 5 shooting death of 61-year old Clayton Battice.Police said Perkins, along with Anthony Shockley, 19, and Johnathan Williams, 18, killed Battice in the parking lot of his apartment complex as he returned home from work.An hour earlier, Perkins and another teen tried to rob and then opened fire on a couple at a nearby apartment complex, investigators told 6News' Jack Rinehart."The couple, out of panic or whatever, they attempted to get away, and Jamar and another individual shot at the car, shooting one of the individuals," said Indianapolis police Detective Marcus Kennedy.Police said the shootings mark the latest in a long pattern of violence and arrests for Perkins.When he was 13, police locked up Perkins, his twin brother and four other teens in connection with an auto theft ring that investigators said terrorized east side auto dealers for months."There were probably six dealerships broken into. Approximately 32 cars were stolen," said Indianapolis police Capt. Craig Converse. "It got so bad, some of the cars were apparently sold back to the dealers."In July 2008, while Perkins was on home detention for the auto theft ring, he and his twin brother, along with a 15-year-old boy, used a stolen car to break into Don's Guns near 38th Street and Lafayette Road, police said. Previous Images: Gun Store Break-In | The boys stole assault rifles and several handguns before leading police on a chase and crash that injured two officers.Perkins, who had already racked up numerous arrests in 2008 for auto theft, burglary and armed robbery, was sentenced to three years in juvenile detention.Gun store owner Don Davis said Wednesday he's upset Perkins was out of detention so soon, and is worried that Battice might have been shot with one of the guns stolen from his shop."I'm shocked he's out. I'm shocked he's out," he said. "These punks were out there laying out for what he had. He didn't have anything and he got killed. It's a shame."Perkins' twin brother is still in juvenile detention for his role in the gun store break-in.Converse said it's unfortunate Perkins was released so soon."As police officers and citizens, we're always frustrated when individuals commit crime and are back out there committing them again," he said.Perkins was being held Wednesday without bond.