With an unusually warm weekend on tap, here's a patio pub crawl that's sure to take advantage of all that sunshine.
In case you somehow haven't seen the B-E-A-UTIFUL weekend forecast, here's what you need to know: Sunshine is on tap, so GET OUTSIDE!!! Here's some more advice: Take a load off - Enjoy one of these 60+ degree and sunny days with a few drinks in one of Indianapolis' best outdoor dining/drinking district (Photo via Jim Wallace on Flickr Creative Commons) Click here for more on this weekend's forecast.
Click here for an interactive version to take with you on this Broad Ripple Patio Pub Crawl
1. Bazbeaux rooftop - LUNCH - Kick off the height of the sunshine atop this truly-Indy gourmet pizza place - There's plenty of variety on tap, and plenty of toppings to choose from.
(Photo via Babeaux's website)
2. Flatwater on the canal - Just a few steps away from Bazbeaux, get a nice view over the canal and enjoy a few brews. This spot sporadically has live music, too, so maybe stay for two drinks.
3. Broad Ripple Brewpub - Cornhole is a highlight at this pub's patio, but their unique beer is the real reason to stop.
4. Plump's Last Shot - Where some of the best people-watching comes in, jaunt over to Plump's next. Live entertainment is likely, and another wide-ranging drink list.
(Photo via Instagram)
5. Public Greens - That stomach is likely rumbling even more, so head up the Monon to Public Greens for what many consider the best patio in Broad Ripple. It's literally right on the trail, and when their fire pit is roaring, nothing's better than a healthy snack and a local craft beer (or wine) to wash it down. (Photo via Public Greens website)
6. Canal Bistro - DINNER - Let's talk serious food - This Mediterranean spot has what you'll be craving at this point in the crawl, and an extensive European beer and wine list to choose from. Add in a premier seat on the canal, and it doesn't get better than this.
7. Brugge - Step up to the second floor to look out over the busy Monon Trail, and grab a flight of their Belgian specialties. Oh, and some frites, because by now, you're going to need a snack.
8. Triton - Watch the sunset roll down the horizon with Broad Ripple Avenue in the foreground with a flight from Triton. Heck, have two flights - sunsets take a while anyway, right?
9. Thr3e Wise Men - The popcorn and chips can keep you going to sample some of their best brewed-on-site seasonals. (Photo via Facebook)
10. Petite Chou - DESSERT - Cap your night off with some bubbly and a French dessert nestled amongst a green vine-laced patio. This should close the loop of where your designated driver parked nearby Bazbeaux, too. (Photo via Petite Chou's website)