Boy, 2, rushed to ER after drinking whiskey at birthday party

Toddler was clearly intoxicated, mom says

 

A restaurant in Wales is apologizing after accidentally serving whiskey to a 2-year-old.

Sonny Rees had to be taken to the emergency room after imbibing the booze at his second birthday party at a Frankie and Benny's restaurant, BBC News reported.

His mother tasted the boy's drink after he was making funny faces and said he was clearly intoxicated.

Sonny was monitored for a while at the hospital and later given the all clear, The Associated Press reported.

Frankie and Benny's called it a case of human error and told the BBC it was looking at what systems need to be put in place so that something similar doesn't happen again.

Print this article Back to Top