EAST MOLINE, Ill. - A two-year-old boy was injured on Monday by razor blades, which had been stuck with a white, putty-like substance to several pieces of playground equipment at the park he was playing.
A dozen blades were found on monkey bars, slides and other pieces of playground equipment at Millennium Park in Illinois.
The boy suffered a minor cuts to his finger and was treated at home. His father was the person who alerted authorities. Police don't know how long the razor blades were there, and they have no suspects, WFTS reported.
The Quad-City Times reports that whoever did it faces felony charges of aggravated battery to a child and a possible prison sentence of 6 to 30 years if convicted.