LAWRENCE, Ind. - Emergency crews responded to a fire at a Lawrence church early Thursday.
First responders were dispatched to Lawrence Apostolic Church at 6202 Sunnyside Road just after 6:30 a.m. on reports that the building was filled with smoke.
Dispatchers said there were children in the building, and they had been evacuated. The church houses a day care.
The fire was out about 7 a.m., and no injuries were reported.
Fire officials initially said lightning might have sparked the fire, but it was later ruled out.
Investigators think the fire might have been electrical and started near the men's restroom in the main part of the church.
Sunnyside Road north of Pendleton Pike was closed while crews were on the scene. It was reopened about 7:35 a.m.
Watch RTV6 and refresh this page for updates.