Worker injured in overnight fire at north side Indianapolis hh gregg (HGG) warehouse
Employee spotted fire, officials say
Last Updated: 76 days ago
INDIANAPOLS - An h.h. gregg worker was injured when the company’s warehouse caught fire early Sunday.
Firefighters were called to the building at 4151 E. 96th St. just after midnight after an employee noticed a fire in a room where dryers and mattresses were being stored, fire investigators said.
Another employee tried to put out the flames with an extinguisher, and was overcome by the smoke.
He was taken to Community North Hospital with smoke inhalation.
Firefighters had trouble reaching the fire because of the size of the warehouse, smoky conditions and the amount of merchandise in the building, but they were able to put out the flames within an hour, fire officials said.
An official damage estimate was not provided early Sunday.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.