INDIANAPOLIS — The Indiana Department of Environmental Management is forecasting high ozone levels for Friday, July 3 in the following central Indiana counties:
IDEM encourages everyone to help reduce ozone while remaining safe during the COVID-19 health crisis by making changes to daily habits by:
- Walk, bike, or work from home when possible
- Combine errands into one trip
- Avoid refueling your vehicle or using gasoline-powered lawn equipment until after 7 p.m.
- Turn off your engine when idling for more than 30 seconds (e.g., at a bank or restaurant drive-thru)
- Conserve energy by turning off lights or setting the air conditioner to 75 degrees or above