INDIANAPOLIS — Police seized hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of drugs and cash during a bust on Indianapolis' east side Wednesday.
The drugs were found when Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department's Flex Team and Narcotics Unit assisted Marion County Corrections on a home visit to a man who had prior convictions for dealing narcotics.
The home was in the 2900 block of N. Olney Street.
Detectives say the 34-year-old man attempted to flee the home after grabbing a bag of suspected cocaine but he was quickly apprehended.
Officers also located a firearm on the floor of hte home and were able to obtain a search warrant.
During the execution of the warrant, the following was seized:
- Over 20 pounds of suspected Methamphetamine (approx. 40,000 dosages for consumption – Street Value approx. $750k)
- Approx. 3/4 kilo of Cocaine (approx. 3000 dosages for consumption – Street Value approx. $60k)
- Approx. 1/4 kilo of Heroin (approx. 2500 dosages for consumption – Street Value approx. $25k)
- 1 Glock 30 .45 Caliber Handgun
- Over $16,000 in cash
- 1 Vehicle
- Several other items indicia of Dealing Narcotics (scales, baggies, press, etc…)
The 34-year-old is facing the following preliminary charges:
- Dealing Methamphetamine
- Dealing Cocaine
- Dealing Heroin
- Serious Violent Felon
- Possession of Cocaine
- Possession of Methamphetamine
- Possession of Heroin
- Resisting Law Enforcement
- Batter on a Law Enforcement Officer