INDIANAPOLIS – The manager of an east side all-you-can eat buffet said Friday he doesn’t know what the police are looking for.
Search warrants were executed Thursday at two Teppanyaki Grill and Buffet locations in Marion County, one on West 38th Street and another on East Washington Street.
Cheng Li, manager of the East Washington Street location, told Call 6 Investigates no one was arrested and the police did not remove anything from the restaurant, to his knowledge.
“The police wouldn’t give me an answer about what they’re looking for,” said Li. “I just want customers to know we didn’t do anything wrong. We just want to open a good restaurant.”
Li said they plan to reopen Friday at 11 a.m.
It’s unclear if the west side location will open as well.
The Marion County Prosecutor’s Office would not confirm the purpose of the investigation, however Call 6 Investigates saw a police presence Thursday at the West 38th street location as well as a locksmith entering the facility.
Both locations, 9701 East Washington St. and 5390 West 38th St., were closed Thursday, leaving patrons confused.
“Wow, that’s shocking,” said Keith Larsuel, a frequent diner at the east side location. “They serve good food though. Hate to see them go!”
The Indiana Attorney General’s office is not involved in the investigation.
A spokesperson for the Health and Hospital Corporation of Marion County said the warrants are not related to the health department or food inspections.
There are currently no open inspections or violations with either establishments, although both restaurants have previously been cited for critical violations involving food safety, including rodents.