HENDRICKS COUNTY — A Tri-West High School teacher and coach accused of child seduction will not be fired at Tuesday's school board meeting.
A spokeswoman for the North West Hendricks County School Board says Tyler Bruce has chosen to exercise his due process rights and requested a meeting with the superintendent after he was charged in January.
Bruce was arrested and charged with child seduction and obstruction of justice after the Hendrick's County Sheriff's Office received a tip involving allegations of sexual misconduct.
The school board is expected to approve a new parent code of conduct that eliminates sanctions for parents who speak out against the school on social media.
Citizens are expected to ask the entire school board to resign at the meeting because of how they handled the incident, including allowing Bruce to receive pay while he was on administrative leave for seven months.
The meeting is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m. at Tri-West Middle School.
- July 7, 2019: Anonymous tip leads to investigation of Tri-West football coach
- August 7, 2019: Hendricks County mother says school failed to protect her teen daughter from teacher, coach
- August 14, 2019: Hendricks County parents question school board over handling of sexual misconduct allegations
- August 19, 2019: School board defends decision to keep coach accused of sexual misconduct with student
- September 9, 2019: State files complaint against teaching license of coach accused of sexual misconduct with student
- September 25, 2019: School board decides Tri-West employees can return
- October 11, 2019: Outgoing North West Hendricks superintendent to receive $116K in compensation
- October 22, 2019: Hendricks County school system names interim superintendent
- October 30, 2019: School board admits "oversight" in allowing relative to vote on teacher
- November 27, 2019: Costs to school district mount as teacher criminal investigation surpasses six-month mark
- January 28, 2020: Tri-West High School teacher, coach arrested for child seduction, obstruction of justice
- January 29, 2020: Tri-West teacher deleted info from phone, removed sim card before giving it to cops, court docs say
- January 29, 2020: Ex-Tri West principal charged with failure to make a report in child seduction case
- January 31, 2020: Sexual harassment expert 'shocked, troubled' by Tri-West child seduction case