INDIANAPOLIS — The number of central Indiana hospitals asking for public donations of medical supplies continues to grow.
Here is the latest list:
Currently Eskenazi can accept the following items as donations:
- Handmade masks that are made from cotton t-shirt or dishcloth material and are washed before being dropped off. Please read the guidelines below on how to make these face masks at home.
- New N95 masks
- New isolation gowns
- New goggles/face shields
Eskenazi cannot accept food items, clothing, gifts or used personal protective equipment (PPE).
How to make face masks
Visit one of the following links to see how you can make masks to be donated to Eskenazi Health.
If you are donating in quantities of less than 500 items, they should be dropped off at the entrance to the Sidney & Lois Eskenazi Hospital during the hours of 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Sunday through Saturday. When possible, include item quantity on packages. The downtown campus is located at 720 Eskenazi Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46202.
Franciscan is now accepting handmade face masks to be used if current supplies run short. Additionally, Franciscan will accept donations of personal protective equipment, but asks that these items be in their original unopened packages.
Among the items needed are:
- N95 respirators
- Surgical and isolation masks
- Face Shields
- Eye shields, visor or safety googles
- Medical exam or non-surgical procedure gloves
- Isolation or cover gowns
- Hand sanitizer
- Surface disinfectants
- Disposable personal wipes
To learn where to drop off items, contact: email@example.com
"While Franciscan Health’s inventories are adequate at this time, our supply chain teams are doing all that they can to obtain additional materials to protect our patients and staff," spokesman Joe Stuteville said.
Receptacles for the handmade masks are located at:
- Franciscan Health Indianapolis (8111 S. Emerson Ave.) at the Main Entrance (Entrance 12) on the east side of the campus and the Center for Women and Children (Entrance 2).
- Franciscan Health Mooresville (1201 Hadley Road) at the Professional Center (Entrance 7).
Donations of the following items are being accepted:
- Face shields
- Wipes and other antibacterial products
- More specifics on how and where to donate is available on this website
Businesses or individuals wishing to donate are encouraged to call 317-355-5599 or to email givePPE@eCommunity.com
IU Health is accepting donations of certain supplies from the public, including:
- Respiratory mask, including industrial N95 and N99 masks
- Facial and eye protection
- Hand sanitizer with 70% alcohol
- General personal protective equipment (PPE) like gloves and observation gowns
If you have supplies for donation you should contact IU Health Supply Chain Operations at: COVID-19.Supplies@IUHealth.org.