INDIANAPOLIS — Seven more people in Indiana have died from the coronavirus since Friday and the total number of positive cases has topped 1,200, according to new numbers released Saturday by the Indiana State Department of Health.
The number of deaths increased from 24 to 31, while the number of positive cases went from 981 to 1,232. An additional 1,436 people have been tested.
The latest numbers show Marion County with 584 positive cases, an increase of 136 from Friday, and 10 deaths.
To help fight the spread of COVID-19 the public should continue to take the following actions:
1. Stay home.
2. Wash your hands often with soap and water.
3. Cover your cough and/or sneeze.
4. If you do have symptoms, treat the symptoms, monitor your health and Stay Home from work.
5. If symptoms worsen contact your physician for medical care.
6. If symptoms are life threatening, call 911 and tell first responders you are having flu like symptoms.
7. No matter what steps you are taking, STAY HOME.
CORONAVIRUS NEWSLETTER | Get the latest news about COVID-19 in Indiana delivered straight to your inbox