INDIANAPOLIS — The United States Census Bureau is hiring thousands of workers in states across the country — including Indiana — for temporary jobs during the 2020 Census.
A number of different jobs will be available for the 2020 Census including:
- Recruiting Assistants travel throughout geographic areas to visit with community-based organizations, attend promotional events and conduct other recruiting activities.
- Office operations supervisors assist in the management of office functions and day-to-day activities in one or more functional areas, including payroll, personnel, recruiting, field operations and support.
- Clerks perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support various functional areas, including payroll, personnel, recruiting, field operations and support.
- Census field supervisors conduct fieldwork to support and conduct on-the-job training for census takers, and/or to follow-up in situations where census takers have confronted issues such as not gaining entry to restricted areas.
- Census takers work in the field. Some field positions require employees to work during the day to see addresses on buildings. Other field positions require interviewing the public, so employees must be available to work when people are usually at home such as in the evening and on weekends.
People with language skills, including Spanish, are especially needed.
The temporary positions have flexible work hours, including daytime, evenings and weekends. All applicants must be 18 by the time they start work.
All applicants will be placed into an applicant pool for the 2020 Census field and considered as positions become available. Applications will remain active and undateable thorughout the 2020 Census recruiting and hiring period.
For more information, call 1-855-562-2020 and select option three. Applicants can also visit the 2020 Census Job page at 2020census.gov/jobs.