INDIANAPOLIS -- An Indianapolis mother gave her autistic child hydrochloric acid to "help" her with the condition after finding the idea in a Facebook group, police said.
The child's father called the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department to a house in the 2300 block of S. Randolph Street Saturday afternoon after the child's mother talked about putting acid drops in the child's drink weeks ago.
The 28-year-old mother put a few drops of HCL Acid 4% and Water Purifying Solution in her daughter's drinks in an attempt to "help" her autistic daughter, according to an IMPD incident report.
She heard about the concoction in a Facebook group, according to the report. Child Protective Services responded to the house and removed the child.
Here is the summary of the IMPD incident report:
In an attempt to help her autistic daughter, mother put a few drops of HCI Acid 4% and Water Purifying Solution into child's drinks. This happened a couple of weeks ago but the mother began discussing it again today with the father. She heard about the concoction on a Facebook group. CPS responded and removed the child
No charges were specifically listed in the incident report, pending review. IMPD was not able to provide information about the father's involvement.
Hydrochloric acid is a strong, corrosive acid used primarily in making chlorides, fertilizers, and dyes.
According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine , hydrochloric acid is corrosive to the eyes, skin, and mucous membranes. Acute oral exposure may cause corrosion of the mucous membranes, esophagus, and stomach and dermal contact may produce severe burns, ulceration, and scarring.
MORE TOP STORIES | Indianapolis Little Caesars forced to clean after customer found mice droppings in pizza | Suspect in crash that killed Colts player, Uber driver was in US illegally, had been deported twice | Wife of Uber driver killed in crash with Colts player says she's 'not surprised' at husband's actions | Coroner: Columbus first grader treated for flu, scarlet fever before death | 25 overdoses in 24 hours: One block of downtown Indianapolis rocked with drug issues
Top Trending Videos