INDIANAPOLIS — The Humane Society of Johnson County is inviting pet owners to come splash around with their dogs on Saturday at Greenwood's Freedom Springs Aquatic Park.
The fourth annual Puppy POOLooza is free to attendees, but are asked to bring donations for the humane society.
Saturday starting at 1 p.m.,dogs 30 pounds and under will be allowed in the water until 2:30 p.m., and heavier dogs. 30 pounds and over, are allowed in the pool from 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
To make wading through the pool waters safe for the four-legged swimmers, there will be no chemicals in the water.
Freedom Springs has asked pet owners to consider a few things before attending the free event:
- One dog per handler
- Dogs should be at least 6 months old
- Current shot records are required for all participants
- All dogs must be on a leash when not in the water
- No retractable leads
- Humans are not allowed in the water (Indiana Board of Health requirement)
- All dogs must be spayed or neutered
- No outside flotation permitted
- Pet parents must be in view of their dog at all times
- Pet parents must clean up after their dog
Money, pet supplies or food are the most sought after donations.
Freedom Springs Aquatics Park, 850 West Stop 18 Road.