INDIANAPOLIS – The Indiana Animal Rights Alliance and supporters gathered Saturday morning at Monument Circle to listen to animal rights activists and march.
IARA wants to raise awareness on animal rights issues and empower Indiana residents "to make choices that will protect the interest and safety of animals."
The following speakers were at the event:
- Jesse Kharbanda, Executive Director of Hoosier Environmental Council
- Michelle and Mark Pruitt, Founders of Upland's PEAK Sanctuary
- Rama Ganesan, Organizer of Vegan Michiana
- Jenny Brown, Animal Rights Speaker/Author/Activist; Founder of Woodstock Farm Sanctuary
- Kristina J. Addington, Owner of V-Grits Food Co. Louisville, KY
- Michael Budkie, Executive Director of Stop Animal Exploitation Now
- Nekeisha Alayna Alexis, Independent scholar with wide-ranging interests in race, human and animal oppression, intersectionality and co-liberation with other animals
- Kate and Andrew Yundt, Co-founders, of Kanda Farm Sanctuary Robert Grillo - Founder and Director - Free From Harm
“Indiana is one of the biggest animal agriculture states, with over 92 million animals suffering on farms,” Joel Kerr, Executive Director of IARA said in a press release. “While that may be a sad fact, it also means we have an enormous responsibility and opportunity to bring about change for them. There are 13 farm animals for every 1 person living in this state.”
IARA hopes to make the march an annual event.
MORE TOP STORIES | Roncalli guidance counselor asked to resign over same-sex marriage | Carmel woman drives to police station during road rage incident | Beech Grove man charged with burglary, rape after woman finds him naked in her bed | Kokomo fire captain arrested for exposing himself to teen babysitter | 8 arrested during large drug bust in Indy
Top Trending Videos