INDIANAPOLIS -- The need for blood continues to be at a critical level in Indiana and organizations that take donations are making an urgent plea to donors and offering perks to anyone who takes the time to give.
The Indiana Blood Center is offering a free ticket to the Indiana State Fair to anyone who donates blood this Friday, July 27.
The blood supplies in the state are so low at this point that the critical need is for all blood types, although type O-negative is always the highest in demand because of its universal use.
The Blood Center accepts walk-in donors, or you can schedule your appointment online .
The four major blood types are:
- Type A
- Type B
- Type AB
- Type O
No matter where you are in central Indiana, there should be an Indiana Blood Center location nearby.
- Schedule in Avon : Hendricks Regional Health YMCA, 301 Satori Parkway
- Schedule in Carmel : 726 Adams Street, Suite 150
- Schedule in Columbus : 1706 Hawcreek Avenue (adjacent to Columbus Regional Health)
- Schedule in Downtown Indianapolis : 3450 North Meridian Street
- Schedule in Fishers : 7458 East Fishers Station Drive
- Schedule in Greenwood : 8739 South U.S. Highway 31
- Schedule in Lafayette : 2200 Elmwood Avenue, Suite D-16
- Schedule in Muncie : Sunday Muncie Apheresis Bloodmobile at CHA Medical Pavilion
- Schedule in Terre Haute : 2021 South Third Street
The American Red Cross is also offering a $5 Amazon gift card (via email) to anyone who donates blood or platelets between July 30 - August 30.
To donate blood to the American Red Cross you can download the American Red Cross Blood Donor App , visit RedCrossBlood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) to make an appointment or for more information on donation locations.
MORE TOP STORIES | Homeowner selling home, moving out amid spat with HOA over goldfish ponds in driveway | Carmel named No.1 place to live in America | Suspected drug dealer arrested in heroin overdose | CALL 6: Drug maker stopped making popular antibiotic Levaquin amid concerns about mental health side effects | 1988: Indiana State police launch high-performance vehicle fleet with Ford Mustang
Top Trending Videos