INDIANAPOLIS- The Indiana Department of Transportation has released their next big traffic plan with partial closures expected this September on parts of I-465.
The closures will be for pavement and bridge repairs along I-465 between I-70 and I-65, but they won't be closing whole stretches of the highway at the same time.
- Eastbound I-465 will close at 9 p.m on Friday, September 14 and reopen on Monday, September 24 at 5 a.m.
- Westbound I-465 will close at 9 p.m on Friday, September 28 and reopen on Monday, October 9 at 5 a.m.
Traffic headed towards S.R 37 and S.R 67 will be directed to use I-70 to Exit 78 Harding Street. Motorists heading southbound on Harding Street will use Kentucky Ave. to get to S.R 37 or S.R. 67 and I-65 will serve as the alternate route for U.S 31.
INDOT says the 18-day project will focus on the following:
- Pavement removal and replacement and concrete bridge approach replacements at 4 bridges:
- I-465 over Kentucky Ave/ SR67
- I-465 over State Ditch
- I-465 over White River
- I-465 over Harding St / SR37
- Bridge joint replacements
- Asphalt and concrete pavement patching
MORE TOP STORIES | 2-year-old drowns in pool during Fourth of July gathering | Indy church locks up Mary, Joseph & Baby Jesus to condemn immigration policy | Large sinkhole opens up in downtown Indy | Ella Whistler & Jason Seaman make first public appearance together | IMPD arrests first suspected pimp in 7 months | These Indiana laws went into effect July 1st | Indianapolis man seriously hurt in motorized scooter crash | Indy students nearly stranded in China, and it's not the first time | Multiple cars hit during I-465 shootout
Top Trending Videos