INDIANAPOLIS — On Martin Luther King Jr. Day, the nation celebrates one of the most influential leaders in the civil rights movement.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Many establishment and programs around Indianapolis will be celebrating the life of Dr. King on Monday, January 21.
Here are a few ways you can join community members in celebration:
- The Indianapolis Children's Museum will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- "Tribute to King" event at 11 a.m. at Tippecanoe Public Library, 102 S. 10th St.
- Free admission to the Indianapolis Zoo with a donation to Gleaner's Food Bank.
- Day of Service at Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Park from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Those interested in attending are asked to RSVP.
- MLK Day of service volunteer event at Indiana State Parks.
- MLK Day Children's Book Drive from 1:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.