INDIANAPOLIS — Construction crews are preparing for another weekend of road work on several parts of the interstates in Marion County, including the first of two 15-day closures for a portion of Interstate 465.
Indiana Department of Transportation crews will close several ramps, lanes and parts of I-465, according to a press release from INDOT.
On the southeast side of Indianapolis, I-465 EB/NB will close from 9 p.m. Friday until Aug. 24 from Interstate 65 to Interstate 70, according to the release. Motorists should take I-70 eastbound to I-465 northbound. Motorists coming from Interstate 74 westbound should take I-465 southbound to I-65 eastbound back to I-465 northbound.
The I-465 WB/SB on the southeast side will close in September.
Crews are fully closing parts of the interstate to allow for crews to get more work done faster and safely.
The following lanes will also be closed:
- One lane will remain open on Interstate 69 northbound from 6 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday from 82nd Street to State Road 37
- One lane will remain open on I-465 westbound from 9 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday from White River to Keystone Avenue
- One lane will remain open on I-465 southbound from 9 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday from Fall Creek to Us 36 and State Road 67
- Two lanes will remain open in both directions on I-65 until Aug. 24 from I-465 to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street on the northwest side
- One lane will remain open in both directions until Aug. 30 on Interstate 865 from I-465 to I-65
INDOT will also the following ramps from 9 p.m. Friday until 6 a.m. Monday:
- Keystone Avenue to I-465 eastbound
- Allisonville Road to I-465 eastbound
- 56th Street to I-465 southbound
- Pendleton Pike to I-465 southbound
The weather may impact some of the construction work scheduled for this weekend, according to the release.