3-year-old Anderson girl dies from overheating after being left in hot vehicle

Posted: 4:44 PM, Jun 04, 2018
Updated: 2018-06-05 05:59:29-04
Anderson child dies after being left in hot car

ANDERSON, Ind. -- A toddler is dead after being left in a hot vehicle in Anderson, according to police. 

The Madison County Coroner says Hannah Grace Miller died from complications of overheating. 

Anderson police were called to St. Vincent Hospital just before 6 p.m. Sunday evening. 

Witnesses told police that Miller was inside the vehicle for about two hours before she was discovered. It is unclear at this time if the child was left in the vehicle or she crawled in on her own. 

Police say a family member attempted to revive the child before she was rushed to the hospital. She later died from her injuries. 

Police say the parents are cooperating with the investigation and so far no charges have been filed. 

The child's death remains under investigation by Anderson Police and the Madison County Coroner. 

MORE TOP STORIES |     Teacher, student wounded when another student opened fire at Noblesville middle school  Science teacher Jason Seaman being called a hero for stopping school shooter  Noblesville teacher shot 3 times while stopping shooter released from the hospital  Family of girl wounded in Noblesville school shooting thanks everyone for prayers  |  Man found dead in tent in parking lot at Indianapolis Motor Speedway identified

Top Trending Videos