INDIANAPOLIS — An Indianapolis homeless shelter damaged by fire Monday is asking for help as it works to return to normal operations.
Damage to the men's shelter at Good News Ministries on East Washington Street is estimated at more than $70,000.
Monday night, more than 80 homeless men were sent to other shelters while a restoration team began repairs.
The ministry says the shelter's dorm and restroom are unlivable and will have to be rebuilt.
Room for men who would normally stay there has been found in the facility's family shelter.
Many of the shelter's supplies are stored in an attic where fire damage was heavy.
The ministry is asking for donations of twin-sized sheet sets, blankets, comforters, and laundry detergent.
The Good News youth center, health clinic, and thrift shop were not damaged by the fire and are open during their normal hours.
Donations can be brought to 2716 East Washington St.
MORE TOP STORIES | FedEx employee dies in workplace accident at Indy Airport hub | Mooresville High School student killed in Morgan County crash | Downtown Indy's NYE celebration canceled for 2018 | Cathedral High School basketball player taunted
Top Trending Videos