The annual MotoGP race will not be returning to Indianapolis in 2016.
Citing "schedule changes, geographic challenges and series economics" as the reason for the change, IMS announced Friday morning that 2015 was the last year for the MotoGP race in the Circle City.
RELATED | Moto GP draws crowds to IMS
The speedway said it was a mutual decision between IMS and MotoGP officials at Dorna Sports, its parent company.
"This outcome reflects the best interests of both the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Dorna Sports," J. Douglas Boles, the IMS president, said. "We are proud of our efforts to increase attendance in recent years and successfully host a truly international sporting and cultural event."
The race had been at IMS for eight years.
Fans who renewed tickets for 2016 following the 2015 race will receive full reimbursements through IMS.