INDIANAPOLIS — In honor of former Senator Richard Lugar, several streets will be blocked during his funeral procession on Wednesday starting at 9 a.m.
IMPD released the following timeline of closures:
- 9:00 am expect delays on I465 north and west side.
- 11:30 am Delaware St. between Washington St. and Market St. will be closed for the raising of the Garrison flag.
- 11:45 am Capitol Ave will be closed between Ohio St. and Washington St.
- 12:00 pm to 1:15 pm 86th St. closed between Meridian St. and Spring Mill RD
- 12:05 pm the funeral procession leaves the Statehouse.
The route for Senator Richard Lugar
• South on Capitol Ave to Maryland
• East on Maryland to Delaware
• North on Delaware to Michigan
• West on Michigan to Illinois
• North on Illinois to 34th St.
• East on 34th St to Washington Blvd
• North on Washington Blvd to 43rd
• West on 43rd to Meridian St
• North on Meridian to 86th.
• West on 86th to St. Luke’s Church
- 12:50 pm Senator Richard Lugar will arrive at St. Luke’s Church
- 1:15 pm to 2:45 pm 86th St. will be reduced to one lane traffic each direction. Avoid the area if possible.
- 2:45 pm to 3:30 pm expect extended delays on 86th St. between Spring Mill Rd and Meridian and Meridian St. from 86th St. to I465 as several dignitaries leave the funeral.
- 2:50 pm 4:00 pm expect delays on the north and west interstate systems.
See the full map of the funeral route below.