Storms spark fire at Westfield home

WESTFIELD, Ind. - The Westfield fire chief said lightning put crews to work at extinguishing a fire that sparked at a home as storms moved through early Tuesday.

City of Westfield Fire Department Chief Joe Lyons said just after 4 a.m., crews headed to a home in the 16400 block of Oak Manor Drive after a lightning strike was reported.

Chief Lyons said crews arrived to find smoke seeping from the eaves of the front of the house and debris scattered in the yard.

Crews found the fire, which had sparked within the walls of the house, and had it under control in a half hour. 

Lyons said no on was injured, but damage was estimated at roughly $20,000.

Print this article Back to Top