INDIANAPOLIS — The Marion County Treasurer’s office would like to remind taxpayers that spring property taxes are due Friday, May 10.
“There is still time, and there are multiple ways to make your tax payment before the due date,” said Treasurer Claudia Fuentes.
Property taxes fund units of government like schools, police, fire and libraries.
If you’re late paying your property taxes in Marion County, the treasurer will assess a 5% penalty to the unpaid portion if the installment is completely paid within 30 days of the due date.
If not, the treasurer will assess a 10% penalty on the unpaid property tax.
Payment options include:
- Online payments at my.indy.gov with an eCheck or credit card (click on "Pay Your Property Taxes"; service fee may apply)
- Phone payments at 1-317-327-4TAX / 1-888-881-8986 (service fee may apply)
- Mail-in payments with a U.S. Postmark of November 13th or before to:
- Marion County Treasurer
- PO Box 6145
- Indianapolis, IN 46206-6145
- Pay in person at the Treasurer’s Office - 200 E. Washington St., Suite 1001 - or at these financial institutions: Fifth Third Bank, Financial Center First Credit Union, First Financial Bank, Merchants Bank of Indiana, STAR Financial Bank, and Stock Yards Bank & Trust - taxpayers must bring their property tax statement & pay the full Fall installment (service fee may apply)
Other counties also have May 10 due dates including Hamilton, Morgan and Hancock.