MILWAUKEE -- Before his arrest, two confidential sources with the FBI got "extensive" recorded conversations detailing 23-year-old Samy Mohamed Hamzeh's plan to carry out a mass shooting at a Milwaukee Masonic temple.
All of the following quotes come from recorded conversations that took place on January 19th and 20th with the FBI sources. They have been translated from Arabic to English. Here are five things Hamzeh told those sources that helped to lead to his arrest:
- Islamic Group Considers Suing Ariens Company Over Prayer Policy
- Milwaukee Ranked #2 In Cities With The Friendliest Local Businesses
1. Hamzeh planned to carry out the attack with three people and three machine guns.
We want two machine guns, you now have one, so we want two more, and we need three silencers, that's it. Find out how much all together these will cost, then we will march.
2. His getaway plan was meant to take advantage of Wisconsin's cold winters.
We will shoot them, kill them and get out. We Will walk and walk, after a while, we will be covered as if it is cold, and we'll take the covers off and dump them in a corner and keep on walking, as if nothing happened, as if everything is normal.
3. This planned mass shooting was intended to gain worldwide attention.
I am telling you, if this hit is executed, it will be known all over the world...Sure, all over the world, all the Mujahedeen will be talking and they will be proud of us, what is wrong with you, such operations will increase in America, when they hear about it. The people will be scared and the operations will increase...this will lead to people clashing with each other. This way we will be igniting it.
4. It seems as if Hamzeh wanted to carry out his attack in the name of religion.
We are Muslims, defending Muslim religion, we are on our own, my dear, we have organized our own group. We have our own group, not with Hamas, not with my ass, we are here defending Islam, young people together join to defend Islam, that's it, that is what our intention is.
5. The suspect had a specific number of deaths in mind.
Thirty is excellent. If I got out, after killing thirty people, I will be happy 100%....100% happy, because these 30 will terrify the world. The m********** will know that nobody can play with Muslims.
Hamzeh was arrested by undercover FBI agents Monday when he purchased weapons from them. The case is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Paul L. Kanter.