<p>This Dec. 27, 2015 file photo, shows a Chipotle restaurant at Union Station in Washington. Chipotle says it will start a marketing push in February to begin its road to recovery after a series of food scares, and that it's confident it can win back customers over time. The remarks from executives come after Chipotle's sales plunged 30 percent in December. Its troubles began after an E. coli outbreak came to light at the end of October. Several weeks later, norovirus sickened dozens at a Chipotle in Boston. (AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar, File)</p>
The Associated Press
Posted at 1:07 PM, Feb 01, 2016
and last updated2016-02-01 13:07:33-05
WASHINGTON (AP) — The federal agency that monitors public health says the outbreak of E. coli illness linked to Chipotle restaurants that sickened 60 people appears to be over.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Monday the most recent illness reported to the agency started on Dec. 1.
The source is still unknown, however.
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. undertook an aggressive revamping of food preparation methods at its more than 1,900 locations. But the outbreak drove the company's stock down by 26 percent over the past three months and it warned of a potentially sizeable hit to profits last month.