HENDRICKS COUNTY — At the first school board meeting since the arrest of a teacher, parents voiced their anger and distrust at North West Hendricks County School board members.
In January, Tri-West High School teacher and coach Tyler Bruce was arrested and charged with child seduction and obstruction of justice.
Parents called for the school board members to resign due to their handling of the incident.
Donna Petraits, the spokeswoman for the board, says she understands the community's frustration, but points to the law as to why board members wre so cautious about saying anything.
You can watch video of the full meeting in the player above.
- July 7, 2019: Anonymous tip leads to investigation of Tri-West football coach
- August 7, 2019: Hendricks County mother says school failed to protect her teen daughter from teacher, coach
- August 14, 2019: Hendricks County parents question school board over handling of sexual misconduct allegations
- August 19, 2019: School board defends decision to keep coach accused of sexual misconduct with student
- September 9, 2019: State files complaint against teaching license of coach accused of sexual misconduct with student
- September 25, 2019: School board decides Tri-West employees can return
- October 11, 2019: Outgoing North West Hendricks superintendent to receive $116K in compensation
- October 22, 2019: Hendricks County school system names interim superintendent
- October 30, 2019: School board admits "oversight" in allowing relative to vote on teacher
- November 27, 2019: Costs to school district mount as teacher criminal investigation surpasses six-month mark
- January 28, 2020: Tri-West High School teacher, coach arrested for child seduction, obstruction of justice
- January 29, 2020: Tri-West teacher deleted info from phone, removed sim card before giving it to cops, court docs say
- January 29, 2020: Ex-Tri West principal charged with failure to make a report in child seduction case
- January 31, 2020: Sexual harassment expert 'shocked, troubled' by Tri-West child seduction case
- February 11, 2020: Tri-West teacher facing charges not expected to be fired at school board meeting
- February 11, 2020: Parents voice anger, distrust, at North West Hendricks County School Board meeting