INDIANAPOLIS -- The Colts named Frank Reich as their new head coach Sunday afternoon, less than a week after being spurned by Patriots' Josh McDaniels.
Reich was the offensive coordinator for the Philadelphia Eagles during this year's Super Bowl LII, which we all know, the Eagles won.
But Reich's football history spans back to his college days at Maryland University in the early 1980s.
He was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the third round of the 1985 NFL Draft. and played there until 1993 when he was picked up by the Carolina Panthers.
He played one season with the New York Jets in 1997 and retired after playing with the Detroit Lions for the 1998 season.
What many people probably don't know, is that Reich got his NFL coaching start with the Colts as an intern in 2006 and he worked his way up the ladder from there.
Reich became the Colts' offensive assistant in 2008, moved to the quarterbacks coach in 2009 and then the wide receivers coach in 2011.
YOU REACT | Frank Reich becomes Colts head coach
After the Colts, Reich took a job as the wide receivers coach for the Arizona Cardinals in 2012 and then became the quarterbacks coach for the San Diego Chargers in 2013 before doing a two-year stint as the Chargers' defensive coordinator starting in 2014.
Reich was hired as the offensive coordinator for the Philadelphia Eagles in 2016, won a Super Bowl and is now coming to Indianapolis.
Here's a look at Reich's full football background provided by the Indianapolis Colts:
- 1981-84: University of Maryland (quarterback)
- 1985-94: Buffalo Bills (quarterback)
- 1995: Carolina Panthers (quarterback)
- 1996: New York Jets (quarterback)
- 1997-98: Detroit Lions (quarterback)
- 2006-08: Indianapolis Colts (coaching intern)
- 2008: Indianapolis Colts (offensive assistant coach)
- 2009-10: Indianapolis Colts (quarterbacks coach)
- 2011: Indianapolis Colts (wide receivers coach)
- 2012: Arizona Cardinals (wide receivers coach)
- 2013: San Diego Chargers (quarterbacks coach)
- 2014-15: San Diego Chargers (offensive coordinator)
- 2016-17: Philadelphia Eagles (offensive coordinator)
- 2018: Indianapolis Colts (head coach)
Who is Frank Reich?
— Indianapolis Colts (@Colts) February 11, 2018
MORE TOP STORIES | Fishers police say call 911 if someone pulls up, says you've lost your license plate | Indiana high school student accused of molesting 17 little girls between 3 and 7 years old | 25 overdoses in 24 hours: One block of downtown Indianapolis rocked with drug issues | Man dead after police-involved shooting in Cass County | Mark Leonard, sentenced to life for the Richmond Hill explosion, dies at Indianapolis hospital
Top Trending Videos