In a time when we can't all gather around a table, we can still come together as a community. We're Open Indy is a partnership between WRTV and our local restaurants and businesses with one goal: getting them through this tough time. Every day, we will help shine a light on the businesses that make up our community by telling their stories and rallying around those who are keeping the grills going, the hospitals running, and the businesses operating.
INDIANAPOLIS — Steak 'n Shake announced Thursday it will provide discounted meals for all essential workers during the coronavirus crisis through April 7.
Starting Thursday, at all Steak 'n Shake restaurants in America, essential workers will receive 20% off any steakburger or fries meal.
All essential workers have to do is show a job ID, such as a business card, badge or name tag to Steak 'n Shake staff to get the discount.
Essential workers in the following industries are included:
- Healthcare providers and hospital staff, including maintenance and custodial workers
- Police and law enforcement agencies;
- EMT, local 911 and fire departments;
- Grocery store workers and food distributors;
- Custodian and facilities maintainers;
- Local government officials;
- Bank managers and tellers;
- Restaurant workers;
- Television and newspaper staffers;
- Cashiers, stockroom and loading dock workers;
- Food banks and soup kitchens;
- City sanitation workers;
- IT companies
- Transit workers (airports, trains, subways);
- Mail and package delivery services including the U.S. Postal Service, Fedex and UPS.
"These essential employees, including our own Steak 'n Shake employees, are the backbone of America. These hard-working unsung heroes do their jobs day in and day out and keep our nation's essential services going," Sardar Biglari, CEO of Steak 'n Shake, said. "It is our honor and privilege to be able to recognize and reward them with our high-value, quality food at everyday low prices."
In addition to caring for our country's essential workers, Steak 'n Shake is also offering deals for all Americans during these challenging days:
- "Family 4 Pack Meal Deal" includes four Double 'n Cheese Steakburgers, four Small Fries and four Sodas, feeding a family of four for $19.99. Available every day by drive-thru or take-out only.
- "Half-Price Happy Hour" offering half-price on all milk shakes and drinks. 23 Classic or Specialty Hand-dipped Milkshakes for half price. Available Monday – Friday, 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. by drive-thru or take-out only.