An apartment fire in Indianapolis on Sunday has displaced 10 people. Fire officials say the fire was started by smoking materials that were not properly put out.
INDIANAPOLIS -- A fire started by smoking materials that were improperly discarded have displaced 10 people.
The Indianapolis Fire Department was dispatched around 1:45 p.m. Sunday to the fire in the 4500 block of Lake Park Blvd. in the Stone Lake Apartments complex.
IFD said the smoking materials were improperly discarded in an outside stairwell.
No injuries were reported. The blaze caused an estimated $150,000 in damage.
IFD says they had the fire under control in about 20 minutes.
MORE TOP STORIES | Homeowner selling home, moving out amid spat with HOA over goldfish ponds in driveway | Carmel named No.1 place to live in America | Suspected drug dealer arrested in heroin overdose | CALL 6: Drug maker stopped making popular antibiotic Levaquin amid concerns about mental health side effects | 1988: Indiana State police launch high-performance vehicle fleet with Ford Mustang
Top Trending Videos
A few showers are in the forecast through Monday morning, but our weather is actually pretty quiet for much of the holiday week.
A woman is dead after a stabbing Sunday evening on the northside of Indianapolis.
Reese Hamilton, 10, gives out free clothes, food to help the homeless around Indianapolis.
Indy (5-5) has won four straight for the first time since November 2014. Luck remained unbeaten in 10 starts against the Titans.
A driver was able to escape his car after he crashed into a pool Sunday afternoon.