INDIANAPOLIS — It's time for the 103nd running of the Indianapolis 500.
Race day is Sunday, May 26 and the big race begins at 12:45 p.m.
Here's the schedule of events for race day:
- 05:00am - Parking Lots Open
- 06:00am - Public Gates Open
- 06:00am - 12:19pm - IMS Midway Opens
- 07:00am - Snake Pit Gates Opens
- 08:00am - Parade of Bands
- 08:30am - 09:55am - Borg-Warner Trophy March to the Bricks
- 09:30am - Celebrity Red Carpet - Pagoda Plaza
- 10:30am - "On the Banks of the Wabash" performed by Purdue University Band
- 10:53am - Green Flag delivered by helicopter in Turn 1
- 11:00am - Indianapolis 500 Winning Drivers Laps
- 11:20am - Historic Race Car Laps
- 11:26am - Mario Andretti Car Laps
- 11:43am - 'God Bless the USA'
- 12:01pm - Indianapolis 500 Driver Instructions
- 12:09pm - Military March
- 12:13pm - "America the Beautiful"
- 12:16pm - Military Speech
- 12:20pm - Presentation of Colors
- 12:20pm - Invocation delivered by Archbishop Charles Thompson
- 12:22pm - "Taps"
- 12:23pm - "God Bless America"
- 12:26pm - National Anthem performed by Kelly Clarkson
- 12:01pm - Flyover
- 12:36pm - "Back Home Again in Indiana" performed by Jim Cornelison
- 12:38pm - "Drivers Start Your Engines"
- 12:45pm - 103nd Running of the Indianapolis 500 Presented by Gainbridge
- 03:30pm - Snake Pit Gates Close
- 05:00pm - Public Gates Close
MORE INDY 500 | Vehicles may be searched when entering Indianapolis 500 | Dale Earnhardt Jr. to drive Pace Car at 103rd Indy 500 | Star-studded lineup for 500 Festival Parade | Matt Damon & Christian Bale to wave green flag at Indy 500 | Kelly Clarkson to sing national anthem at Indy 500 | Beware of rental and ticket scams during Indy 500 weekend | Protecting your hearing at the Indy 500 | 500 Indiana soldiers to be honored before Indy 500